Sunday, March 21, 2010

Our Baby is Almost here

Well, the time has come for us to meet our little girl. It seems like just yesterday when Danielle first told me we were expecting a precious little baby. To know that God has bestowed on US one of the greatest blessings on earth is a very humbling & exhilerating experience.

Over the past 9 months I have learned so much about life, myself, and my wife. There are things that I never even imagined I would be talking about or doing and yet here I am. I am blessed beyond measure and I have the best partner EVER to be experiencing it all with.

Danielle and I have had so much fun embarking on this wild journey together. We have had an especially fun time the last few days since Danielle has started her maternity leave, sleeping in, staying up late, watching tv a all in an effort to sorta get it out of our system for a while.

We have also been taking FULL advantage of two of our NEWEST favorites, Cable & Coffee.


Coffee has been one of our favorites for forever but since we have won our awesome Breville we have become a little more addicted to the sweet nectar that is Espresso. I personally have never enjoyed making or drinking coffee as much as I have since we added this little gem to our kitchen. I have only drank coffee out probably twice since having the Breville. We have a great routine worked out where Danielle will turn on the Breville and I can come in and build her a great latte. *Don't worry She has adhered to the strict recommendation of our Dr on the amount of caffeine* With the addition of the Breville we have really learned to slow down and enjoy our coffee which I think in some way transfers to the way we treat our lives. I have learned not to rush anything and to trust that I am at the right place at the right time no matter what. I also enjoy that I can break out a quality drink for my wife and family as they wait patiently for our little girl to arrive. I know it will also help tremendously when Madison Saige is here to keep our eyes open when we start losing our current amount of sleep.

Another one of our guilty pleasures during Danielle's pregnancy has been CABLE. We have been with out cable for almost 2 years but we have quickly made up some time. We have found that we really enjoy quite a variety of entertainment nowadays. There have been dramas, comedies, and yes even REALITY shows that for one reason or another have found their way onto our screen. It has become a fun pastime. We catch up on our shows anytime were at the house. Assembling baby furniture (Thank You Target & IKEA) or making pancakes at all times of the day, we do it all while "Keeping up With The Kardashians" or while watching Benson and Stabler bring down the bad guys in "Law & Order SVU".

As these last few hours tick by I keep replaying all the highlights of the past 3.5 years of marriage and wonder about all the ways my life will be different. It is hard to think that with all the differences  life is only going to get better from here. I think of my life as being so perfect already that it couldn't get any better, yet so much good has already been added to our lives just from being pregnant. I can only imagine how awesome things are when I am actually holding my little girl in my arms.

It makes me so thankful for how much love we have and how much love our little girl has from so many people. I am blessed and I am so ready to get this party started.

In 24 hours or less Madison Saige Mendoza will be here and will have taken our lives to the next level. Please keep us in your prayers and be on the look out for the first pics of our baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read More Here

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Join our Newsletter

Followers