Saturday, May 23, 2009

Marriage Seminar UPDATE Part 2

Today has been an amazing journey already, and we still have 2 days of prison time ahead of us.

We are excited to be a part of hosting a wonderful marriage seminar in the Johnston State Prison, and are expecting some great things to happen and are already experiencing some real breakthroughs.

We have individuals here who have juggled work schedules, kids schedules, school schedules, and driven hundreds of miles and many hours all to be a part of this wonderful outreach. There are 7 Volunteer Couples and 14 Wives whose husbands are incarcerated here on the Unit.


The volunteers and the Wives who are making this weekend possible come from all walks of life. The thing that ties us together is the desire to see the prisoners of the Johnston Unit leave as better men than when he came in. I believe that WE WILL.

In today's session we helped each wife and each husband really connect and spoke to each of them about the roles in their covenant called marriage. I can tell that it struck down to the core with many and I hope that by the end of the weekend we will have seen God move on the hearts of everyone here.

The start of this seminar has been phenomenal and the best is yet to come.

I am praying that each of the 30 attendees will have open ears and open hearts this weekend and that God would move in a mighty way in all of us. I hope you will pray for this as well.

I count it a special blessing to know that I can count on so many different friends and my family to back us in this endeavor and to cover us in prayer.

Thank You from the bottom of My Heart,

Javier Mendoza

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read More Here

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Join our Newsletter

Followers