Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas this year had a great effect on me and really made me appreciate everything I have even more than usual. I really have had an awesome time realizing how much God has blessed me in 2008. I know His hand has been on my life forever but this year especially has given me a chance to reflect and be the most grateful. I feel like I am closer to God and therefore my wife, and that God has given us such a great relationship to be able to be real with each other and to be honest in everything we do, well except when we play cards….
I feel like we have started down a path now that will undoubtedly lead to a new awareness of His glory and a glimpse of His plan for the rest of our lives. I am only able to say that for 2009 we are headed for new experiences, new places and new faces. I will not forget about all the places and faces I have already been and seen, but I am looking forward to all that God has for us. God is leading us into a phase of our lives to not only be a hundred percent reliant on Him, but of also realizing that it is the only way. When you get a feeling of Gods presence in your everyday life it is more motivating and challenging than anything we try to create ourselves. There is no way that we could ever be as challenged to do the right thing, say the right thing, or even think the right thing as when God is sitting right there at your computer with you, or at the coffee shop or at work with my “Work Friends”.
He really has put an extra helping of self awareness that is by design His way of allowing me the opportunity to choose Him and not Me. I have been blessed greatly by honoring Him in the things I do, and the decisions I have made but it’s not always easy. I have decided to see if I have what it takes to fully let go and let God. It sounds funny to LET God, but it is true. I have to let God take full control and give up trying to wreck my life. It is God that is perfect and no matter how much I try I never will be. All I can do is take everyday as a blessing and accept what God has for me. I believe that this coming year is going to be a very educational and in-depth look into my life and I hope that what comes out will be pleasing to Him.

Psalm 17:5 My steps have held to your paths; my feet have not slipped.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read More Here

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Join our Newsletter

Followers